Pool Safety Month
- by coastalpoolcare
May 03, 2019
Here at Coastal Pool Care it’s Pool Safety Month. While swimming pool safety is a year round concern we’re taking some time to highlight some steps you can take to better avoid a tragedy.
Always designate a pool watcher – a responsible adult who will keep both eyes on the pool at all times.
• Use safety devices to create layers of protection(mesh barrier fence, self-closing, self-latching gate, door and window alarms, detection alarms around/ in the pool, personal immersion alarm fora child or pet, ASTM certified safety cover and life rings and shepherd hooks).
• Do not leave toys near or in the pool when it is not in use, they could attract children.
• Learn CPR.
• Never swim alone, this means adults too.
• Read and follow all labels and instructions when
using or storing pool chemicals.
• Keep all doors and windows leading to the pool area locked.
Please be vigilant and enjoy the water safely!
There is more information available here: https://coastalpoolcare.net/safety/